WE INVITE YOU!!
Parents, students, and teachers: Come visit the updated location for the Parent Teacher Resource Center at 16221 Richmond Turnpike, behind the Governor’s School & next to the School Board Office. Check us out on the web at CCPS PTRC.
Our mission is to promote a partnership between families, teachers, and Caroline County Public Schools.
The Parent Teacher Resource Center is endorsed by the Virginia Department of Education, Partnership for People with Disabilities, and the Center for Family Involvement. For more information click the link: Virginia PRC
What is the Parent Teacher Resource Center?
The Parent Teacher Resource Center is an information center for all Caroline County families, teachers, and anyone interested in the care and education of children. The center is open to all families and educators. Materials are made available to the PTRC through funding from the Title I Program, Special Education, Title VI, and local funds. The PTRC is designed to be that bridge connecting educators and families by promoting the Parent/Teacher partnership.
The PTRC is for everyone!
- All students will enjoy the benefits of increased family involvement in their lives at school.
- All families will enhance their abilities to nurture the education and well-being of their children; to find new, enjoyable ways to learn together.
- All educators will grow professionally through resources and information to share with classrooms, teams, and families.
- All in the community will benefit from stronger relationships and an improved workforce.
Free information and assistance are available to parents and professionals who contact the PTRC.
- Individualized assistance based on student needs
- Workshops for families and educators
- Newsletters and E-newsletters to inform families of current issues in education and resources available locally
- Referral services to help families locate specific local, state, and national agencies
- A lending library of books, newsletters, videos, DVDs, and educational training materials
- Information on a wide variety of topics including, Gifted Education, Adult Education, Infant Development, Caregiving for Seniors & much more
- A confidential listening ear
For more information, please contact Susan Gayle, Special Education Parent Teacher Resource Coordinator at email@example.com or 804-633-5088 x 1702.